15 Signs You Grew Up In Costa Mesa
Mesa is all about the burgers, South Coast Plaza and the OC Fair.
1. In middle school, you used to spend all of your free time at Metro Pointe
Thank God for Jamba Juice and Edwards Cinemas.
2. You looked forward to the OC Fair all year . . .
Funnel cakes, deep-fried snickers and petting zoos!
3. . . . But knew to park at Tewinkle
No way you’re gonna pay for parking.
4. Other malls seem sub-par next to South Coast Plaza
You mean your mall doesn’t have a Louis Vuitton store?
5. Your picture was in The Daily Pilot
Why? Who knows – but your mom still has a copy.
6. Your first concert was at The Observatory
And you feel #blessed when it comes to those ticket prices.
7. When you’re not eating at In-N-Out, you’re grabbing a TK Burger
Burgers: the cornerstone of any nutritious breakfast.
8. The Estancia and Costa Mesa High School rivalry has been etched into your brain
Battle of the Bell!
9. Getting to see Disneyland fireworks for free was a perk
Harbor is a perfect viewing spot.
10. You remember when Starbucks used to be Diedrich Coffee . . .
The good old days. . .
11. . . . And when Arsenio’s used to be a Taco Bell
R.I.P. Doritos Locos Taco
12. Han’s will always be your ice cream of choice
Nutella ice cream, vanilla wafer ice cream. . . only at Han’s.
13. You went to the movies on Tuesdays or Wednesdays for discounted tickets
Thanks, Triangle Square!
14. Walking around Fairview Park was your preferred exercise
And you know how to get in when it’s officially “closed.”
15. More than half of your friends applied to UC Irvine
Originally posted 2016-04-12 21:54:51.