15 Signs You Went to UC Irvine
Zot, zot, zot!
1. You know the legend of Swag Man.
Don’t even try to keep up with Swag Man.
2. You’ve mastered the art of avoiding solicitors.
I’m a poor college student. I don’t have money for Hands for Africa.
3. Everyone swears they saw Kobe Bryant at the ARC.
Lies! They’re just trying to get you to exercise.
4. You’ve heard that ghost story about Campus Road ten times.
And the story always changes – just don’t look in the backseat of your car.
5. Pretty much everyone you talk to says it was their second choice.
Hey, we’re all thinking it, but there’s no reason to say it!
6. You know what SPOP means.
And against all expectations, it was a pretty good time.
7. You’ve seen University Center change several times throughout your time as a student.
R.I.P. Lee’s Sandwiches.
8. But hey, at least we FINALLY got Chipotle!
Chipotle for breakfast, lunch and dinner, please.
9. You’ve almost been hit by the Anteater Express.
Do they have to take a driving test? Because I don’t think it’s working.
10. You avoid the bookstore during week one at all costs.
Except maybe to read a few chapters before your first classes.
11. You also avoid Starbucks.
Unless you want to be 30 minutes late to class after waiting for your Vanilla Latte.
12. You’re always asking freshmen to “swipe you in.”
No, it’s not a euphemism.
13. You have nightmares where people scream “two dollar boba” at you.
Better prices than Cha, though.
14. Everyone you know seems to have a Disneyland pass.
Where do they get the money?
15. You love reminding people that President Obama gave our commencement speech a few years ago.
He also got the Anteater sign wrong, but we’ll let that one slide.
Originally posted 2016-04-12 21:56:56.